This is a part-time position, perfect for a university or college student or recent graduate! If the candidate does well with us, there is a room for expansion within our growing company!
RadioMedia.CA is a comprehensive radio stations’ community portal web site based in Canada.
This online community features user-friendly navigation not only to access a wealth of information relevant to Canadian broadcasting radio stations industry, but also to access other businesses which would like to join this community.
The RadioMedia.CA website is currently divided into six sections, which are Business Directory, Radio Stations’ Info, Reviews, News, Job Marketplace and Forums (under construction).
RadioMedia.CA intends to cater to people who want a guided tour on their local broadcasting radio stations and the providers from the internet; and to experienced listeners eager to indulge their passion for programme they want to share in a social network. Furthermore, RadioMedia.CA will be a magnet for local broadcast programme providers who desire to work or check their market status as well as their competitors’ one in a friendly atmosphere.
The mission of RadioMedia.CA is to becoming the leading online interaction platform in radio stations’ community in Canada, in true responsive web formatting.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are currently looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Web Designer/Developer early in their career who wants to grow quickly and learn with a rapidly expanding team. You must be able to think on your feet and change with whatever new projects or deadlines come up. Someone who is ready to take the lead on a task or project, where appropriate, while still being able to take direction from supervisors or team leads. A good blend of confidence and the ability to listen is essential. Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of typography, layout, color theory, and composition for web and UI/UX design. Must have the ability to sketch ideas and turn brainstorming sessions into mockups/wireframes. Must be able to work collaboratively with a team in an agile and iterative environment. The ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently on multiple projects and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Develop, optimize and manage our brand website. This includes taking wire-frames and create fully functional web pages, adding features/functionality, improving front end layout and usability, maintenance, testing, & bug fixes.
- Implement and enforce standards for cross browser compatibility, page speed, code quality, SEO optimization, and other underlying fundamentals. Manage tickets, issues, and site enhancements.
- Document functional & technical specifications requirements based on wire-diagrams, work-flows, and existing web functionalities.
- Strong understanding of web design, UI design principles, information architecture, and content management systems. Hands-on with A/B testing and multivariate testing.
- Provide detail reporting on website analytics, customer behavior pattern, and develop customer journey funnels.
- Exceptional project management skills to manage web and digital media projects from inception to delivery while acting as liaison with all stakeholders. Participate in all phases of projects including development, design, testing and production.
- Develop code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible and troubleshoot associated issues.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize projects as per the needs of the business.
- Bachelor degree preferably in computer science or other technical degree
- Experience and understanding of HTML, CSS, XML, Ajax, Twitter Bootstrap.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS.
- Familiarity with web standards, and responsive web design and popular front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator)
- Exceptionally proactive and shows excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Strong analytical and organizations skills. Solid oral and written communication skills, strong problem solving ability
How to apply
Applicant is welcomed to create an account from our website through the Sign Up process or at: https://www.radiomedia.ca/user_signup.
If you are also a radio program lover, please feel free to review your favourite radio station(s) and to share your experience with our community.
If you would like to apply for the position of Web Designer/Developer, or know someone who would, please submit a resume to: RadioMediaInfo@gmail.com